A Stronger Tomorrow - Discussion Paper
A Stronger Tomorrow - State Infrastructure Strategy Discussion Paper was published by Infrastructure WA on 26 June 2020.
This document was designed to serve as a tool to encourage constructive conversation with industry, the community and all levels of government in the early stages of the development of Western Australia's first 20-year State Infrastructure Strategy.
During a formal eight-week consultation period between 26 June 2020 and 21 August 2020, IWA undertook a broad-reaching program of engagement, endeavouring to obtain the views of as many people as possible. This included:
- releasing the Discussion Paper via an online event in collaboration with Infrastructure Partnerships Australia (you can learn more and re-watch the launch and panel-based discussion here);
- creating and sharing a short video to encourage people to have their say on infrastructure planning;
- briefing industry and government representatives and undertaking outreach with other key groups including younger people (tomorrow's infrastructure users) and Aboriginal stakeholders;
- hosting a state-wide workshop series, which included 12 in-person events and three online events to gain a better understanding about different stakeholders infrastructure priorities and their local impacts (learn more here);
- surveying nearly 600 Western Australians about their vision for the future of the State and its infrastructure needs; and
- inviting formal submissions and projects/program proposals.
IWA is currently analysing the substantial volume of feedback that has been received from organisations and representatives from across the State. An overview on these consultation outcomes will be published in late 2020.
In the meantime, you can still download and read the Discussion Paper and its supporting documents below.
For a quick overview download the two-page summary relating specifically to the State Infrastructure Strategy.
IWA invites anyone with questions or comments relating to the State Infrastructure Strategy to get in touch at any time.